Thursday, June 15, 2017

our God

Thursday, June 15, 2017 (6:33 a.m.)
Mm, God,

Thank You for being our God.
(7:02 a.m.)
Oh, yes, Father. Our God!

Thank You for the privilege, the honor, of sitting here, pouring over Your Word (The Learning Bible). Looking at pictures that depict You, Your works, Your promises.

Thank You that there isn't any one thing to be found that describes You entirely. I love the way I start reading in one section and end up in another. One verse adds the notation, “see also...” Father, You truly are indescribable. Thank You.

Thank You for the opportunity of contemplating Your greatness. One that cannot fully be explained. Just touched on. Once I start digging, it just goes deeper. And all the more deeply after that. Thank You.

Today I find myself in the book of Isaiah. Reading first here (44:3) and then there (64:8). My heart quickens as I remember times You have blessed and comforted us. I am grateful as I recall the occasions on which You have tirelessly worked to bring about Your perfect peace (26:3) in our lives.

That is how I have come to rest at Isaiah 66:2. “I have made everything; that's how it all came to be. I, the LORD, have spoken. The people I treasure most are the humble – they depend only on Me and tremble when I speak” (Contemporary English Version).

As I consider the word tremble, the hymn Were You There? immediately came to mind. Thank You for the easy find to that chorus.

I found myself trembling yesterday. Not at thoughts of You. At more unsettling circumstances of our days and times as a country. One no longer appearing to be “one nation under God”. This is where I find myself broken in spirit Dearest God.

Mm, yes. You made this nation Father. We must come to remember this. New Life Version says, “'My hands made all these things, and so all these things came into being,' says the Lord. 'But I will look to the one who has no pride and is broken in spirit, and who shakes with fear at My Word.'”

Shakes with fear. Trembles. “Reverently responsive to what I say” (The Message).

New International Reader's Version, “'The people I value are not proud. They are sorry for the wrong things they have done. They have great respect for what I say.'”

International Children's Bible, “'My hand made all things. All things are here because I made them,' says the Lord. 'These are the people I am pleased with. They are those who are not proud or stubborn. They fear and obey me.'”

Mm, yes. Our dear and mighty God, change our hearts that we truly come to fully esteem and revere You in obedience to Your leading.

I love You. I thank You. And I ask that You would bless this nation as we come to know You as our God and Father. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.
(491 words ~ 8:04 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment