Friday, June 16, 2017

"keep on"

Friday, June 16, 2017 (6:30 a.m.)
Blessed God,

I'm feeling off balance this morning. Just a little. Not a lot. Yet I look to You. To Your Word. Father, how I thank You that we get to come to You. Exactly as we are. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7).

And here I smile. The Life Recovery Bible for this section (vs. 7-11) of Scripture is titled Effective Prayer. The key words? “Keep on”. “Keep on asking... Keep on looking... Keep on knocking.”

Oh yes! Father. We got happy news yesterday. A newborn, diagnosed in utero with a heartbreaking genetic disorder, shows few signs of this devastating disease. Father, how we thank You. Praise You. Rejoice in You.

Thank You for Your kindness. Your faithfulness. Your goodness. Thank You for the example set by this young family who kept on praying, hoping, trusting in You.

Yes, Father. While I may very well be feeling a bit off balance, it is to You I look. To You I gaze. I love You Father. Continue Your work in teaching me to “Keep on...”

Use me well this day. I long to serve You. Wisely and well. To Your good and to Your glory. Yes. Empower and enable me to keep on loving, following and trusting You. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(220 words ~ 7:23 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment