Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Your abundance

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 (7:53 a.m.)
Holiest God,

Thank You! Thank You for shelter. And warmth. And Your tender care. Thank You for Your abundance.
(10:03 a.m.)

And with those thoughts of Your abundance came an extended phone call. Blessed Holy God, thank You for the healing work You continue doing in the lives of these two siblings. Thank You that it is the mighty, holy power of Your Word that set in motion the groundwork for this restorative relationship.

(11:54 a.m.)
And, we begin again.

Thank You Father that even with [or is it, especially because of?] the various interruptions of our time together this morning I am all the more reminded of where the restoration of this kinship began. With Your gracious, generous abundance.

My first conscious remembrance is when I truly recognized myself in the Truth of Matthew 7:3-5 and Luke 6:41-43. Or was it when 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 became real to me? I do know that the crowning moment was the day The Message undeniably convicted me in my behavior toward this particular other.

We are absolutely unable to see to remove a speck from another's eye when there is a board in our own (see Matthew and Luke above). The clear and concise list of what love is and all it is not that the apostle Paul wrote to the believers in Corinth is still true today.

Yet I continue coming back to one of the days I experienced Your magnificent abundance more than any other. Following a horrendously childish display of verbal push and shove, knock down/drag out, hit 'em below the belt screaming, I was tearfully humbled by reading Paul's words to the Philippian believers.

“So this is my prayer: that your love will flourish and that you will not only love much but well. Learn to love appropriately” (Philippians 1:9 The Message).

Praise You Father! Bless You. Thank You. It is absolutely, without any doubt whatsoever Your abundance that provides us the ability to love You with all our hearts, souls, minds and strength and our neighbors as ourself (Mark 12:30-31).

Keep working Your mercy and grace in Christ through each of us I pray. You are good. Holy. Deserving of all glory and honor. Use us well this day. Exactly as You wish.

I love You. I thank You. And I ask (Matthew 7:7) this in Your abundance. Thank You. Amen.
(399 words ~ 12:41 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment