Friday, November 27, 2015

praxis

Friday, November 27, 2015 (7:49 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

Thank You! We had a most blessed day yesterday. Conversations came easily. Food and families came together. Interesting how the dominate word here is food. Empower us to practice moving the emphasis over to family. People. Loved ones.

Yes Father. Help me learn. Relearn. Unlearn. So many emotional strings are tied to our relationship to food, family and traditions. Some of them much healthier than others.

We have selected memories of the good involved in “the good old days”. Teach me Blessed God to fully embrace the good of each brand new day. Yes.

I learned a brand-new-to-me word this morning. “praxis: noun - practice, as distinguished from theory; application or use, as of knowledge or skills. convention, habit, or custom. a set of examples for practice.”

Father, I long to practice the Truth of Your Word. We struggle. We work. Teach me also to trust. Rest. Rejoice.

1 Peter 1:6-8 (New Living Translation), “So be truly glad! There is wonderful joy ahead, even though it is necessary for you to endure many trials for a while. These are trials only to test your faith, to show that it is strong and pure. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold – and your faith is far more precious to God than mere gold. So if your faith remains strong after being tried by fiery trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world. You love Him even though you have never seen Him. Though you do not see Him, you trust Him; and even now you are happy with a glorious, inexpressible joy.”

Blessed, Holy God, I get to read these verses. Hope brings tears to my heart and eyes. I become eager and excited to tell [agog].

A Life Recovery Bible devotion declares plainly, “Life is rough.” The accompanying comment offers this Truth, “Yet Peter suggests that, strange as it may seem at the time, surrendering to God in difficult times can be a joyful experience. If we trust that God will use our trials to further the process of healing in our life, even the tough times can become times of celebration.”

Yes! Father, put me into the praxis [tradition, custom, habit, practice] of embracing Your ultimate best for me this day. I want to love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength and my neighbor as myself (Mark 12:30-31). I relinquish myself to Your good and Your glory.

I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(439 words ~ 9:26 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment