Friday, November 6, 2015

growing

Friday, November 6, 2015 (6:16 a.m.)
Holy, Holy God,

I am confessing fear to You right now. Fear of making mistakes. Fear of …

And with that out in the open I got to twist my way back around to Your Truth. And the book of Colossians. In The Life Recovery Bible I read the two subheadings of THE BIG PICTURE.

A. THE POWER OF JESUS CHRIST (1:1-2:23)
B. CHRIST'S POWER WITHIN US (3:1-4:18)

While reading the overview of the book, I smile. Relax. Breathe deeply. Hope. “We can trust Christ to save us, and we can trust His power to help us with our struggles as we live each day as it comes.” Isn't that the very same thing I tell other people?

Reading further down the page, “PURPOSE: To show us that Christ is the only real source of power in our life.” How is it that I can know and believe something so much and still forget it so often?

Thank You Father for reminding me this morning to search for the Truth found in Colossians 2:7. “Let your roots grow down into Him [Christ Jesus] and draw up nourishment from Him, so you will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in the truth you were taught. Let your lives overflow with thanksgiving for all He has done.”

I hadn't forgotten. Your Truth resides in me. Yet there are times like these that I desperately need the reminders to look harder. Deeper. More intently. At Him.

Blessed God, I love You. Thank You for the opportunity to continue growing through every struggle we come across. Thank You that You are so good. So holy.

Thank You that I get to take You with me out into this day. How I ask You to bless us and keep us. Cover us as You know is best. Keep me following only after You.

I love You. I long to serve You. And I ask (Matthew 7:7) You to equip me perfectly for the growing You would have me do in, through and by Your Son's most perfect roots. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.

(357 words ~ 7:05 a.m.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment