Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Be reminded

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 (6:33 a.m.)
Awesome God,

I love You. Thank You that we get to come before You with such boldness. Fresh out of the gate. Pure. Simple. “I love You”.

Thank You for every single thing You have done to make loving You possible. So much of it goes unseen. Unnoticed.

We're at the time of year for paying particular attention to the details of all You've done on our behalf (Luke 1:26 - 2:20). In turning to Luke I get to read an historic version of Jesus “as a man who cared greatly for suffering and downtrodden people, a man who brought healing to the hurting” (The Life Recovery Bible introduction to Luke).

How blessed we truly are to have the opportunity to learn of Your great love for each of us. Not only do we get to experience it first hand, we also are able to read of it. Be reminded. Remember what we've been taught through the years.

Reading further in the introduction to this particular book, “Luke stressed Jesus' humanity and compassion more than any of the other Gospel writers did. His narrative made it clear that God, through His Son Jesus, reaches out in love to the unlovable of our world.”

Thank You Father. Thank You that because of Your great love for each of us (John 3:16) we are able to come boldly into Your presence (Ephesians 3:12). Wow! I didn't even see that one coming! 

“Because of Christ and our faith in Him, we can now come fearlessly [boldly and confidently] into God's presence, assured of His glad welcome” (New Living Translation). Wow! Father. Thank You. Truly. THANK YOU!

I continue needing to be reminded of ALL the ways You love us. Thank You that through this time together another layer of the doom with which I have been associating myself has lifted. There's a lightness. A brightness, I owe all to You and Your love for us.

Keep reminding me Blessed Father. We are here to celebrate Jesus. Glorify and enjoy You forever. Work in me I pray. With, by, through and for me. All that I would continue, as the Good News Translation presents it, “In union with Christ and through our faith in Him we have the boldness to go into God's presence with all confidence” (Ephesians 3:12).

Yes Blessed Father. Remind me that You first loved us that we would in turn love others (1 John 4:19). Let me do that well this day. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(423 words ~ 7:48 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment