Thursday, November 5, 2015

Omni-

Thursday, November 5, 2015 (6:28 a.m.)
Awesome God,

Holy. Blessed. Loving. Perfect. Omni-.

Holiest God, I confess. I don't even know how to proceed. The awe and wonder with which I long to worship You isn't here right now. There's a surliness I seem to have picked up hours ago.

I turn to You.
(7:09 a.m.)

Yes. With my soul wearied and troubled. No light in the darkness I see. There's light for a look at the Savior, And life more abundant and free

I got side-tracked once more. Again choosing to look at all that has yet to be done. Rather than what has already been accomplished.

Most dear and holy God, thank You for reminding me to: turn my eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, So the things of earth will grow strangely dim In the light of His glory and grace

Yes Most Holy Father, adjust my focus. Let me see through Your vantage point. His Word shall not fail us – He promised; Believe Him, and all will be well: Then go to a world that is dying, His perfect salvation to tell

And there it is... “a world that is dying”. Far too often that is exactly where I put my focus. How I ask (Matthew 7:7) You to work in me, altering my gaze again to “His perfect salvation” so I would truly tell of it to others.

I'm confessing to You a sense of overwhelming and crushing sadness. I don't want it. So I am truly looking to You. Omni-present, -benevolent, -potent, and -scient. You, Who is All-Present, All-Good, All-Powerful, and All-Knowing.

You know Your best for us. Each and every single one of us. I do not. Thank You that I don't have to! That's exactly why we have You. We get to come. Trust. Believe. Ask. Hope. Depend. And that is what I am choosing right now.

You do all You want with, in, by, for and through me this day. I love You. I long to serve You. And my only request is that You “Make it so, Dear God, make it so.”

In all of Your Omni-ness, make me exactly as You wish. I love You. I need You. And I wholeheartedly thank You. Amen.

(381 words ~ 8:14 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment