Tuesday, November 24, 2015

shelter and safety

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 (6:17 a.m.)
Awesome, Amazing God,

It's beautiful outside. Truly beautiful. Thank You. Thank You for such a surprise of color. And for a cloud that remarkably resembles a wing. Fully stretched out in protection.

Blessed Father, thank You. Thank You for the resources with which to find the verse of the psalm I sought in reference to this sight. “He will shield you with His wings. He will shelter you with His feathers. His faithful promises are your armor and protection” (Psalm 91:4).

Holy God, thank You that I get to believe this. Thank You for the privilege of turning to You, trusting You to “protect and rescue us as a mother bird protects her young” (The Life Recovery Bible comment 91:1-4). Thank You that we can depend on You to never fail. Thank You for being our shelter and safety.

All this from an unusually formed cloud in the sky. Thank You Father. As I go out into this day covered by Your loving protection, will You teach me more about Philippians 4:8? Empower me to 'fix my thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.”

Yes Blessed Dad. Let me live this day fully trusting and believing You to be our perfect shelter and safety. I love You. I long to serve You. And I ask You to equip me to that end. Thank You Holy Father. I love You. Amen.

(259 words ~ 7:15 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment