Thursday, November 19, 2015

the best, not the worst

Thursday, November 19, 2015 (6:28a.m.)
Blessed God,

I am here asking (Matthew 7:7). And thanking. And with that I turn to 1 Thessalonians 5:18. In so doing I read “Always be joyful” (v. 16). And here I confess to You. Blessed Father, I don't know how to do that!

I want to heed the apostle Paul's words to the believers in Thessalonica. I long to one day be commended for not only trusting You, but continuing to trust in You. I confess Blessed God, it's getting harder and harder as I watch the world around me.

Let me say right here that I THINK I trust You. I believe You have a plan for us (Jeremiah 29:11). And it's for good and not for evil. To give us a future and a hope. I remember prayers You have answered far beyond what was asked.

And then my focus shifts. Over to the scary, horrible things that take place in day to day living. I see all the things [and people] I don't trust. There was a time, it seems so very long ago, that I truly did think the best, not the worst (Philippians 4:8-9 The Message).

Here I have to leave. Going in with a much loved one for more tests. Blessed Holy God, You know my heart. My soul. My mind. My strength. I confess to You right now that I don't! I absolutely do not know all for which I am capable.

Here I ask You to do in and through, by, for and with me all that I am completely incapable on my own.

I love You. I long to serve and represent You well. I cannot without the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). Help me dress securely in Your armor and hold me steady to Your will and to Your way.

I love You. I thank You. I ask You. And I praise You. Oh how I praise You Blessed God. Be with us as only You can. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

  (342 words ~ 7:14 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment