Saturday, November 7, 2015

"YOU do it!"

Saturday, November 7, 2015 (8:31 a.m.)

(10:36 a.m.)
Awesome God,

Here I am. Starting again. Wanting You to know how very much I love You. Blessed God, thank You for the work You are doing in each of us around here. Thank You for the doubts I have that lead me to discover that You really, truly do know exactly all You doing in and on our behalf.

Father, thank You for the rapid fire changes that continue taking place. Changes in attitudes. Personalities. Relationships.

I am here asking (Matthew 7:7) You to keep up Your good and faithful work in, with, by, for and through us all. We are definitely a group of flawed people. Flawed people desperately seeking better.

I absolutely believe You are in the business of better. Thank You. Thank You that You allow us to process and progress through our sometimes difficult journey toward better.

Take even right now for example. One moment I'm content thinking better and suddenly better becomes best. I honestly believe You want Your best for each of us. Your absolute and total best. That's a pretty difficult concept for me.

Yesterday I confessed fear to You. And today, doubt. Thank You for the freedom with which to come before You. Practicing honesty all the way.

Days ago I wanted to persecute myself for what I saw as pure laziness. I sat. Laid around. Did little. Next to nothing. And believed myself to be squandering precious time.

In truth, was I actually resting? Truly recharging? Something not at all wasteful?

Blessed Father, I absolutely have doubts. Mostly about my own inabilities and misuses of time. Continue straightening out my thinking Dearest God.

You alone are good. Holy. Perfect. I look to You to set my standard. I am harsh on myself. Perhaps unnecessarily so. Do in and with, by, through and for me all those things You would like to see change.

Quoting a much loved preschooler from many years past, Father I wholeheartedly ask “YOU do it!” All the changes I want to make. The myriad of things I would have be different. YOU do the work in me that will make it all possible.

I love You so very much. I long to be the woman YOU would have me be. Yes, Father. Again I look to Your Word seeking comfort and direction. Psalm 94:19. “Lord, when doubts fill my mind, when my heart is in turmoil, quiet me and give me renewed hope and cheer.”

Blessed Father, I am asking You for the the ability to be truly loving toward myself this day. Patient. Kind. Gentle. Forgiving. Nurturing. All the ways You are.

Yes Father, empower and enable me to truly trust and allow You to be all You truly are. I look to You. In every doubt and challenge my cry is to You. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(484 words ~ 11:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment