Monday, November 2, 2015

looking heavenward

Monday, November 2, 2015 (5:05 a.m.)
Most Dear and Awesome God,

Blessed Father, thank You. Thank You for the star-gazing interest my earthly dad fostered in me so many years ago. Thank You for whatever it is YOU want to do with it now.

Thank You for the willingness to get up out of a cozy, comfortable bed to traipse along outside in the cool, darkness of the very early morning. Thank You Father for the late night decision to set out the blanket sleeper for extra warmth.

Blessed God, I don't know what You may, or may not want to teach me about my interest in looking heavenward. Mm. I guess that is what You've been having me do all this time isn't it? Look heavenward.

I'm limited. I see only this side of all that is out there. Even with our telescope and new set of binoculars there is only so much we can take in.

Blessed, Holy Father God, thank You that You are limitless. There is no end to You. To all You have created. To the love You have for each of us. And with that love is Your mercy and grace.

Speak with me this day. As I continue looking heavenward, adjust not only my vision for seeing, but my ears for hearing evidences of all You have for us to enjoy. You, the Lord our God, are one (Mark 12:29).

Looking at the various translations for this verse, I like they way The Voice says it, “Jesus: The most important commandment is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Eternal One is our God, and the Eternal One is the only God.'” Mm. Yes. The Eternal One.

As I continue looking heavenward, remind me what I am truly seeking. You. The Eternal One. Thank You Blessed God. Thank You.

Use me this day. Exactly as You wish. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(318 words ~ 6:19 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment