Sunday, June 29, 2014

another

Sunday, June 29, 2014 (10:04 a.m.)
Holy Father God,

I finished up one prayer only to be reminded of another. This one dealing with fear as well. I had a scary freeway experience yesterday.

Fear so deep that I forgot to pray. While I did remember to breathe, it was a little too shallow and quickly for much of a calming benefit.

We entered an onramp amongst more motorcycles than I could count. Ten miles of weaving, veering, revving, high speed photo-ops clearly took its toll on me. How sad I was when I realized some twenty miles later that I had forgotten to pray.

Thank You that when I did remember, You were right there with a soothing peace I could actually feel. There was even a sense of entering into a place of safety. Thank You for that blessed experience.

Thank You that even though we may repeatedly fall into the trap that fear so readily offers us; Your Word, Your Truth, Your very presence are each such a better choice for us to make.

Thank You that Your Word offers us the choice between life and death (Deuteronomy 30:19). Continue working in me that I would far more eagerly choose life. In You.

I love You Father. I thank You. And I ask You to use me well this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(229 words ~ 10:28 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment