Saturday, June 28, 2014

Truth supersedes

Saturday, June 28, 2014 (7:47 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,

Thank You that I have You and Your Word to come to when I seek Truth. Thank You that Your Truth supersedes my idea of fairness. Thank You that You are able to change my mind and heart when it comes to what I think.

(8:54 a.m.)

Try as hard as I may on my own not to get caught up in any delusion of wanting things to be fair, I confess to falling back into that trap often. Thank You that I have Your Word to cling to. Your Word provides the Truth we need to be able to trust, believe and hope.

With an unrelenting tendency I have toward continually wanting to make sense out of insanity how I thank You for Your reminders to lean heavily into You and Your Word instead. This morning I found Your Truth in the form of 2 Corinthians 4:18.

The Message offers a rendition that speaks both simply and powerfully. Beginning at verse 16, “So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes be without His unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever.”

It IS to You and Your Truth that I cling! Your Truth that truly supersedes all thought, fear and circumstance. I love You Father. I thank You. And I ask You to use me to Your good and to Your glory this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(308 words ~ 9:22 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment