Monday, June 16, 2014

lead

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 (10:19 a.m.)
Donner Memorial State Park

Holy, Blessed, Loving Father God,

Thank You. Thank You for the blessings You provide for us every single day. New mercies that fall afresh every morning (Lamentations 3:23).
(4:03 p.m.)
Southeast side of Donner Lake
And we're back!

Thank You. It's been a fun-filled, action-packed day. A campsite breakfast of bacon and eggs. Complete with toast. Amazing. How do people think of such things?

There were a few walks and several bike rides taken. A monument looked at and respectfully considered. All the while I've had You at the forefront.

Forefront. Lead. Jeremiah 31. Promised hope. Water. What a delightful combination! “Tears of joy will stream down their faces, and I will lead them home with great care. They will walk beside quiet streams and not stumble...” (v.9).

Mention Your leadership beside water and I am there! The Life Recovery Bible has this comment to make, “God paints a joyful picture of recovery, with all the elements of repentance, sorrow, forgiveness, laughter, restoration, and hope. Once again God's people would follow His plan for them, and He would receive their worship and praise. We can experience this kind of restoration, too.”

That truly IS what is happening to me this very week. I sacrificed time alone with You repeatedly for the instant gratification of doing what I wanted (finish a novel). I rebelled against You, even as I saw the outcome. I repented and here we are. Together. At the water's edge. With You once again leading me in Your Word.

Thank You Father. Thank You that I get to decide to let You lead me. “We start the process by admitting our need for God's healing power in our life. God desires to rebuild His relationship with each of us, no matter how far we have strayed from Him. He delights in finding new ways to exhibit His love to those who belong to Him.”

Thank You for delighting in anything that has to do with me! What I ask You this moment is that You would teach me how to delay gratification. Keep working in me that I would truly come to honor and respect enough being enough.

I love You Father. I believe I can never get enough of You. Use me well I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(398 words ~ 4:52 p.m.)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment