Sunday, June 22, 2014

unconditional love

Sunday, June 22, 2014 (6:49 a.m.)
Holy Father God,

How I thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your guidance. Thank You for Your Word to guide and encourage us.

Talk with me this morning Father about Your command to love You with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30). It is my goal. My aspiration.

Father, You are good.

Right now there is a song trying to sing itself to me. I can't get it. With all of my heart and all of my soul The music and words build to a phrase that escapes me. If it's something You want me to pay attention to keep bringing it up to me. If not, please help me let it go.

I tend to chase things that might not be Your best. They seem like great ideas to start with. Please guide and direct my thinking. Our time together.

I woke up singing Trust in the Lord with all Your heart And lean not on Your own understanding In all your ways acknowledge Him And He shall direct your path in regards to a dear young woman who doesn't know You personally. She knows of You. Knows about You. But hasn't yet had the experience of trusting You at Your Word.

Proverbs 3:5-6, “Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track.”

Jesus, how I ask You to bless this dear one with Your presence. Stand at her door and knock (Revelation 3:20) until she hears You calling and opens the door, allowing You to go in and eat with her as friends.

It's Your love that is so desperately needed in our everyday life. Your unconditional love that enables us to love You, ourselves and others (John 13:34). Thank You for being the source of love that is rich and true. Genuine. Real. Love that is not earned, but freely given. Love that is unending. Unconditional.

Empower and embolden me to use that love as You intended. As a gift. To be freely shared. Work in me this day Father that I would learn to love as You wish. Without regard or reservation of who appears to deserve it. Change me Father. Make me wholly Yours. I love You. I thank You. Amen.

(406 words ~ 8:04 a.m.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment