Friday, June 27, 2014

how interesting

Friday, June 27, 2014 (7:11 a.m.)
“Wow!”

“Hmm...”

“What do I know about that?”

Blessed Father,

How interesting that I have never before considered what it would be like to have had Jesus as an older brother. Ack!
(7:51 a.m.)

What an exciting time I am having in Your Word this morning. Having originally come here to continue seeking out verses on friendship as I had done yesterday. What a surprise when I came across a recovery profile entitled James & Jude after being directed to James 4:4.

My mind is spinning as I consider being a younger sibling to One who was not only perfect, but "embarrassing" as well. Father, how I thank You for the honesty with which Your Word was written.

I have so many misconceptions. My thought pattern can so easily get caught up on the slightest hinge and take me off in wrong directions.

Thank You that Your Word is true (2 Timothy 3:16). “Indeed, the Word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword...” (Hebrews 4:12).

Mm, Father. There is so very much to consider. So much to learn and apply. Mm, yes Father. Even here I turn to the teaching of Proverbs 22:17-19.

“Listen to the words of the wise; apply your heart to my instruction. For it is good to keep these sayings deep within yourself, always ready on your lips. I am teaching you today – yes, you – so you will trust in the Lord.”

Yes! My desire. That I will trust solely and completely in You. The Lord, who alone is our source of perfect love and truth. Try having that example set by an older sibling!

Thank You for such an interesting time spent with You this morning. Guide and direct my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30) to Your good and to Your glory this day which You have made (Psalm 118:24a). This day in which I am to rejoice and be glad (v.24b).

Mm, yes God! Make it all so. In Your Son's most blessed name I pray, asking that I would love as You would have me love. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(366 words ~ 8:40 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment