Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Psalm 30:5

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 (7:04 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

It's another new month. Yesterday I was planning to thank You for joy that comes in the morning. Thank You that I still can.

Thank You for keeping me company in times of sleeplessness. Thank You that in the darkness of the earliest morning hours I remembered “joy comes in the morning” (Psalm 30:5b).

I found great comfort in considering all You do for us. When my mind started making lists of all there was to do and how much I needed more rest, the thought of joy coming in the morning helped me lay it all aside. Father, how I thank You.

I have fallen back into the trap of being my own worse enemy. While not being quite as unmerciful to myself as I am capable, I continue looking harder at the flaws than the attributes. Forgive me I pray.

King David sang a song of praise to You at the dedication of the Temple. He praised You for rescuing him. Acknowledged You for restoring his health, bringing him up from the grave and keeping him from falling into the pit of death. How I thank You for his words.

The Message says he gave you all the credit for getting him out of “that mess” and not letting his foes gloat. He yelled for help and You put him together. He encouraged his listeners to “Sing your hearts out to God! Thank Him to His face! He gets angry once in a while, but across a lifetime there is only love” (Psalm 30:1-5a).

Your Word provides such comfort. There truly is joy to be found when we look for it. Thank You for the reminders You make available to us. Even the various ways of reading the end of this verse cause me to smile.

“At even remaineth weeping, and at morn singing” (Young's Literal Translation).

“Weeping shall dwell at eventide; and gladness at the morrowtide” (Wycliffe Bible).

“The deepest pains may linger through the night, but joy greets the soul with the smile of morning” (The Voice).

Crying may last for a night, but joy comes with the new day” (New Life Version).

One may experience sorrow during the night, but joy arrives in the morning” (New English Translation).

The nights of crying your eyes out give ways to days of laughter” (The Message).

Weeping may go on all night, but in the morning there is joy” (The Living Bible).

Weeping lodges for the evening, but in the morning comes rejoicing” (Lexham English Bible).

Weeping may spend the night, but there is joy in the morning” (Holman Christian Standard Bible).

Tears may flow in the night, but joy comes in the morning” (Good News Translation).

Crying may last for a night, but joy comes in the morning” (Expanded Bible).

The night may be filled with tears, but in the morning we can sing for joy!” (Easy-to-Read Version).

At night we may cry, but when morning comes we will celebrate” (Contemporary English Version).

Weeping may stay all night, but by morning, joy!” (Common English Bible).

How I thank You for the many different ways Your Truth is presented for our embracing. Father, thank You that You take such tender continuous care of us.

I ask that You work in and through me to use Your joy well this day. Do all You must that I would truly glorify and enjoy You forever.

Thank You for Your loving kindness and Your tender mercies. I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(602 words ~ 8:29 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment