Monday, June 16, 2014

reconnecting

Monday, June 2, 2014 (1:56 p.m.)
Donner Lake, CA
Most Holy and Awesome God,

Again I say, “Forgive me please!” A more penitent and contrite person I could not be. Thank You that we are allowed into Your presence the moment we are willing to reconnect with You. You didn't leave my side. I left Yours.

For days I haven't understood my sadness. I thought it the health concerns of friends and loved ones. Another option was the changes taking place in a place so dear to my heart. Nagging at the back of my heart was my continued refusal to let You in.

How ironic and wonderful that even in using those words right now, I am brought to Jesus' revelation to John on the island of Patmos. “Look! Here I stand at the door and knock. If you hear me calling and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal as friends” (Revelation 3:20).

It was the verse immediately prior that I was turning to find. “I am the one who corrects and disciplines everyone I love. Be diligent and turn from your indifference” (v. 19). Thank You Jesus for Your precious, tender care of our very human hearts.

Thinking I could find blissful satisfaction in a day of self-indulgence did not yield me the joy I had anticipated. Sacrificing our time together was such a wrong decision. Thank You that it only took me two days to realize how far my soul had drifted from our regular meetings. Forgive me that it DID take me three to come back!

Thank You that I get to sit here, buoyed by peaceful surroundings. Nodding at various people. And asking even more wholeheartedly than last we spoke, that You will ready me for new and different experiences.

I love You Father. I thank You. And I ask You to use me well the remainder of this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(331 words ~ 2:50 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment