Monday, June 16, 2014

Mainstay

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 (6:44 a.m.)
Holy, Loving God,

Thank You for all You are. Thank You that You love each of us unconditionally. Whether we think we're deserving of such love or not, You love us. Wow! Thank You.

Thank You that even while my head and my heart have appeared attached to other interests, You are my mainstay. My central component. That on which everything else is built. My anchor. Foundation. Base.

Blessed Father, things are a bit off around here. There seems to be an air of infighting. Hidden conflict as to how to do things best. I have not been up to the task. Neither my heart nor my head have been in the game. It is always easiest for me to cave. To give up.

That can't be Your best for me. For us. We've yet to identify the problem. Much less work together to resolve it. It remains unspoken. Unnamed. But discord is present nonetheless.

I bring us to You Blessed Jesus. Our hearts. Our souls. Our minds. Our strength. Asking that You would take us just as we are without one plea But that Thy blood was shed for me I love when You guide and direct my thinking.

Left on my own, I build wild case scenarios. Turning to You, coming into Your presence I am reminded that when we come to You, never will You reject us (John 6:37). How incredible I find that every single time I even begin to come in Your direction I get to follow You somewhere else.

♫On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand; All other ground is sinking sand How tremendously grateful I am that Your Word remains True. I can stay away. Refuse to come before You. Yet every single time I decide to turn to You, no matter how brief or interrupted, You invite me to come. Into Your very presence.

“Then Jesus said, 'Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light'” (Matthew 11:28-30).

Finally! A willingness to see a prayer to its end. With all the starts and stops I've encountered this past week, how I thank You for the privilege and opportunity to stay to 'find rest in Your gentle care' (Illustrated Bible Handbook).

A few days ago I was reminded that it is “'not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,' saith the Lord” (Zechariah 4:6). I confess to continuing to try to harness that power. Thank You for reminding me that You've got this!

And here I get to come full circle, back to where I was reading yesterday. Verse seven, “Obstacles as great as mountains will disappear before you. You will rebuild the Temple, and as you put the last stone [cornerstone; mainstay] in place, the people will shout, 'Beautiful, beautiful!'”

I believe You to be my strength. How do I surrender enough to allow You to work Your Truth in and through, with and for me to the good of Your grace and Your glory? Get me out of Your way that Your will be done!

This I pray, asking wholeheartedly, let me know You as my Mainstay this day. I love You. I thank You. I need You. I trust You. I want You. Amen.

(590 words ~ 8:01 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment