Sunday, March 23, 2014

two kites

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 (6:39 a.m.)
Channel to Belize City, Belize
Awesome Holy God,

The first word I had planned to say here this morning was, “Ow!” As in, I wonder if my pinky toe is broken. But again You have changed my focus. Two kites soaring right off the back of the ship. Much like we talked about bringing. Except these were birds, not toys.

Once again You amaze me. It wasn't until a few days ago I learned that kites can also be “a medium to large long-winged bird of prey that typically has a forked tail and frequently soars on updrafts of air.”

Thank You for the opportunity to learn more words:

“Caribe - another term for 'piranha'.”

“Carib - a member of an indigenous [native, original] South American people living mainly in coastal regions of French Guiana, Suriname, Guyana, and Venezuela.”

See? More things I never knew. I have the resources to look things up. Which bring me back to the two kites.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 (11:21 a.m.)

I spent a good portion of yesterday searching Your Word for the verse that had originally taught me that kites have mates. Not finding it, I unexpectedly observed far more than the original two kites I had first seen.

You never cease to amaze and teach me. How I thank You for Your kindness, Your goodness and Your glorious generosity. Keep working in me that I would joyfully use them well. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(259 words ~ 11:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment