Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Source

Mardi Gras Tuesday, March 4, 2014 (6:48 a.m.)
Holy God and Father,

Guide and direct my thoughts and time this morning. I don't know where to begin so I'll start again with Thank You.

Thank You for Your love. Your guidance. Your presence. Thank You that You bless us and keep us and make Your face shine upon us. Thank You that You are gracious to us. You turn Your face toward us and give us peace (Numbers 6:24-26).

Holy God, The Life Recovery Bible comment for the verses above name You as “the source of all blessing, grace, and peace in life”. I believe that.

(7:49 a.m.)

Thank You for the privilege of searching Your Word for verses that show You as the Source. The Source of good (Psalm 119:68). The Source of all my joy (Psalm 104:34). The Source of every mercy (2 Corinthians 1:3).

Oh, let me take this last verse with me today. “What a wonderful God we have – He is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the source of every mercy, and the one who so wonderfully comforts and strengthens us in our hardships and trials. And why does He do this? So that when others are troubled, needing our sympathy and encouragement, we can pass on to them this same help and comfort God has given us” (2 Corinthians 1:3-4).

The comment at the bottom of the page lists You as the God of peace, mercy and comfort. And goes on to tell of Jesus' great suffering. Because of His experience with unjust abuse “He fully understands and identifies with our suffering, and He knows the kind of comfort we need. He is worthy of our trust and able to deliver us from our painful circumstances.”

Blessed Father (Dad) thank You for being the Source of All-Truth. Creation. Love. 

Empower and enable me to fully trust in You this day. Embolden me to use Your power well. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(334 words ~ 8:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment