Sunday, March 9, 2014

subtlety

Sunday, March 9, 2014 (3:38 p.m.)
Most Awesome and Holy Father God,

We're home safely. Thanks all to You. You prompted me to say, “Yeah. Sure.” to the plan of going away when what I really thought was, “Are you joking me?????”

YOU intervened. You directed. You provided. You blessed. You amaze me. Thank You! Thank You for working Your way in us when we often don't even recognize it. Thank You for Your subtlety.

Yes Father, even here I get to discover another of Your countless attributes. Psalm 65:8 in The Voice says, “Those who inhabit the boundaries of the earth are awed by Your signs, strong and subtle hints of Your indelible presence. Even the dawn and dusk respond to You with joy.”

Reading the whole chapter I find myself rejoicing. The poetry found in the various translations has my heart pounding. Verse three in The Living Bible describes me to a T. “Though sins fill our hearts, You forgive them all.”

Today, after having witnessed first hand the beauty found in Your desert, I get to come across this psalm honoring You for Your “rich provision in nature” (Illustrated Bible Handbook). You bless us in nature. In relationships. In strong and subtle ways.

Thank You Blessed Father God. Thank You for all You have done and all You have planned to do. Attune us to Your best for each of us. Let our words and our actions speak volumes of Your goodness and Your grace. Use us well as we seek desperately to make sense out the insanity that is currently residing in our household.

We have a mess here that we are working together to resolve. This is a new aspect to our life together. Both of us on the same page. Building one another up with Your encouraging words. You being the God of peace and not of confusion (1Corinthians 14:33a) we turn to You in accordance to Your Word asking that we would “let all things be done decently and in order” (1Corinthians 14:40 Young's Literal Translation).

Bless You Father. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(346 words ~ 4:45 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment