Sunday, March 23, 2014

play


Monday, March 17, 2014 (6:59 a.m.)
Near Cozumel, MX
Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You that we get to be here. Thank You that we like one another. Thank You that You work in us for Your good and Your glory. Work in and through me to that end this day.

We have a twister boat ride we're going to take today. It seems like great fun. Following that is several hours playing in the sun. I'm asking Your protection on us.

Mm, even here I get to smile peacefully as I read a comment concerning Your Word. Turning to Psalm 33:3, I first read the remark [for verses 1-11] at the page bottom.

“Such a powerful God is worthy of our trust. The God who spoke the universe into existence is able to re-create us, and He is filled with tender love for us. He can remove from us the defects that have brought such destruction to us and the people we love. All He asks is that we turn our life over to Him so He can work these changes in us.”

You've been doing that in me. I've recognized Your work! Things I didn't understand before are becoming more valuable to me. There's a patience. A trust. Yes! “Such a powerful God is worthy of our trust.”

YOU spoke the universe into existence. You ARE able to re-create us. Thanks Dad! Thanks for the tender love that You have for each of us. Thanks for all the care You have put into providing for us.

The snippet of Scripture in the concordance read, “Ps 33:3 Sing to Him a new song; play skillfully,”. I very much want to play skillfully as I sing You a new song.

Verse 8 says, “Let everyone in all the world – men, women and children – fear the lord and stand in awe of Him.” Yes. Make that so! As we head off for a day of play, make sure that we are standing in awe of YOU [the One who created all of this in the first place] as we fully esteem and revere You.

Let our play be music to Your ears. Thank You. We love You. Amen.

(376 words ~ 7:44 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment