Friday, March 7, 2014

Proverbs 3:5

Friday, March 7, 2014 (6:27 a.m.)
Wow! Most Awesome God,

May I just say, “Wow!” and “Thank You!”?

I was trying to sleep. It seemed to happen only on occasion. Not as I'd have liked or preferred. But there I was. Trying to figure things out. Make sense of them. You didn't hesitate to remind me of the importance of trusting You. Proverbs 3:5 came immediately to mind. So here I sit. Reading it. Reflecting. Ruminating.

Father [yeah, I know], thank You. Thank You for the wisdom with which You set things straight. You stay solid. Firm. Unbending. I don't understand so many things. And Your Word says I don't have to. We are to trust You completely.

Turning to The Message was an added bonus. This version not only gave me the verse, but a whole section (vs. 5-12) as well. Clicking 'In Context' provided even more. Beginning with verse three, “Don't lose your grip on Love and Loyalty. Tie them around your neck; carve their initials on your heart.”

Daddy God [I'm trying!], that's exactly why I'm planning to do something today that makes absolutely no sense to me. There's a place the husband really wants to go and people he wants to see. I don't understand. Because of You and Your Word, I don't have to. I love him. I am loyal to him. I trust You, so I'm going. With as much enthusiasm as is yet to be possible.

This is where You got me again. Reading along in words that are easy for me to follow I see, “Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure everything out on your own” (Proverbs 3:5). Check. Got that. Exactly what I was expecting. Ah, but just look at verse six (and beyond).

“Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life! Honor God with everything you own; give Him the first and the best. Your barns will burst, your wine vats will brim over.”

There are promises here to be tapped into. Promises that don't stand a chance if I were to remain stiff-necked and unwilling. YOU have been working in me Blessed God. YOU prompted me to say yes when I really wanted answers as to why.

Verses eleven and twelve remind me even more about what it is to be Your child. “But don't, dear friend, resent God's discipline; don't sulk under His loving correction. It's the child He loves that God corrects; a father's delight is behind all this.”

I want You to delight in me. Yes. I confess. A body glowing with health, bones vibrating with life, barns bursting and vats brimming over, all that sounds really good to me. But better than all that. Far better than those promises is the idea of “living well in God's eyes” (v. 4). The fact that I get to trust You, to listen for Your voice and You will keep me on track THAT's what I'm banking on!

Let me practice running to You this day. Exactly like a little child running to a much loved Daddy. Keep working in and through, with and for me. I love You so very much and I truly ask that there would be reason for You to delight in me. What a thought. What a concept. Make it so Blessed Lord. Make it so. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(604 words ~ 7:42 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment