Tuesday, March 25, 2014

always

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 (7:18 a.m.)
Most Loving, Holy, Father God,

I love You! And I thank You. You kept me company in a couple of sleepless early morning hours. We came home from our trip to news of serious health issues and two deaths. With several hours of sleep behind me and feeling rather rested, my pre-dawn mind started spinning “what if” scenarios.

Thank You for intervening. You brought to mind repeatedly that I was to give thanks to You in all things. This is not my typical response to problems. I'm usually wired to dwell on worse possible outcomes. Thank You for short-circuiting those thoughts and redirecting me again to Your Word.

Give thanks in all things (1Thessalonians 5:18). Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything (Philippians 4:6). Fear not. Be alert, not afraid. These did not used to be my go to responses to problematic situations. Thank You for changing me.

Thank You too for Your ability to make me laugh and smile. Just thinking of 'the mind of Christ' I searched the phrase. Several verses showed up. One of them being 1 Corinthians 2:16. It's the last sentence of The Life Recovery Bible comment for verses 14 and 15 that brought on the chuckles for me again just now.

“Only when we face the fact that our life is insane can we open ourself to God and His good plan for us.” Amen to that!

All my attempts to make sense of any painful circumstance only leaves me lacking joy. And that goes directly against Paul's words to the believers in Thessalonica. He was calling them to stay alert for Christ's return. Always.

The smile has become a clenched jaw. Tears are again forming in my eyes. I confess to You the thoughts I have concerning the health of loved ones. I realize they are all in Your hands, yet I find myself wanting to steer You to my outcome.

Keep working with me Daddy. Paul told his readers to: “Always be joyful. Always keep on praying. No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus” (1Thessalonians 5:16-18).

Always. Not often or sometime. Always. Tall order Dearest God. Really tall order! Not one I can fill on my own. Yet, here comes another smile. And the tears all at the same time.

God Is Our Source of Hope: If we placed our trust in Christ to save us from sin, we will live with Him forever – we have eternal life. But we can have hope in more than just life beyond the grave; we can also have hope in what God brings to our life in the present. The power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead is nothing less than the power of God – the God to whom we have entrusted our life. With this kind of power available to us, there is ALWAYS (emphasis mine) hope!” (RECOVERY THEMES The Life Recovery Bible)

Always, Father. Keep my thoughts right there with You so that I will not be afraid. And with that very plea, the music (Matt Redman – You Never Let Go) starts in my head.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death (Psalm 23:4) Your perfect love is casting out fear (1John 4:18) And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life I won't turn back, I know You are near. I will fear no evil For my God is with me And if my God is with me Whom then shall I fear Whom then shall I fear (Psalm 27:1)

Your Word supplies us with hope for the day. You provide us the power to muscle through. It is to You I turned in the darkest hours of this morning. And just like always, You were here. Thank You Father.

Bless and keep our loved ones. Make Your face shine upon them. Be gracious to them. Turn Your face toward them and give them peace “Numbers 6:24-26). Give us all the strength and the courage to meet this day. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(700 words ~ 8:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment