Sunday, March 23, 2014

descriptive words

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 (7:14 a.m.)
Nearing Roatan, Honduras
Holy, Holy, Holy, Blessed Father God,

The list of descriptive words abounds. Holy. Blessed. Incredible. Awesome. Generous. LORD. Living. Loving. Jealous. Merciful. Mighty. There are 7¾ pages of them in the NIV Compact Concordance I am using and I'm just getting started.

Faithful. My. Great. Your. Eternal. The. One. Our. True. His. Their. Gracious. Righteous. Wise. Powerful. Supreme. King. Shield. Most High. Judge. Present. Rock. Perfect. Savior. Glorious. Refuge. Strength. Strong. Knowing. Miraculous.

And here is where I will stop looking for more descriptive words. Four pages in. Psalm 84:11. Tears tightening my throat the moment I read what I had written almost seven years. Two asterisks for verse ten, followed by music notes.

♫Better is one day in Your courts Better is one day in Your house Better is one day in Your courts Than thousands elsewhere

“Amen! Thank You God!!” is what I had written at the bottom of the page those many years ago. “Amen! Thank You God!!” is what I say to You again at this very moment.

The Life Recovery Bible comment for Psalm 84:8-12 begins with, “Spending just a little while in the presence of God is better than spending a lifetime apart from Him. The security, peace, and love that God offers are greater than anything we could receive from other people.”

And again I reply, “Amen! Thank You God!!”

Shifting my focus over to the comment for verses 1-4, I clench my teeth in order to quell the tears that want to form. “Beauty is found wherever the all-powerful God resides. Although He is a God who rules with great power, He is also a God who cares for the little things of the world – even sparrows and swallows. True blessing and joy come to us when we choose to live in His presence. As we entrust our life to God and do our best to follow His will for us, we will discover the blessings of living in the presence of our righteous and loving God.”

Beyond descriptive words God, I ask You to work in, with, through and for me this day. Keep doing all You must to make me the woman You created me to be. One created in Your image (Genesis 1:26; 2:18). One who longs to love You with all of her heart, soul, mind and strength; and others as much as myself (Mark 12:30-31).

To this I most humbly [and tearfully] ask, “Make it so Dearest Dad. Make it so.” Thank You for loving us with a love that is truly “indescribably delicious”. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(452 words ~ 8:22 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment