Saturday, March 15, 2014

intact

Saturday, March 15, 2014 (8:17 a.m.)
Houston, TX
Awesome God,

Thank You! You got us here safely. Intact. Yes. “Not damaged or impaired in any way; complete; whole; entire...” The list continues and so does my praise and thanks to You.

We had a dead car battery. A key that wouldn't start its van. There was a mechanical problem on a plane. And a scheduled shuttle bus that was nonexistent. All these things yet this family of ten travelers arrived safely to its interim destination. Intact.

Holy God, thank You. Thank You for giving me this word to consider. And thank You especially for YOUR Word in which to explore it.

1Chronicles 28:8 in The Message says, “And now, in this public place, all Israel looking on and God listening in, as God's people, obey and study every last one of the commandments of your God so that you can make the most of living in this good land and pass it on intact to your children, insuring a good future.”

The Life Recovery Bible comments on this section and has a Serenity Prayer devotion about the chapter. The overall focus is on the importance of following Your plan for each of us. Not only are we to take the time to pass Your wisdom on to others, we must be obedient to Your will.

“Full recovery doesn't stop when our broken parts are repaired. It includes building a new life that's free, full and rich. Fear of failure, humiliation, or disappointment can keep us from seeking life in all its fullness. It takes courage to dream of the life we truly desire.”

My inclination usually runs toward keeping my own self safe. Don't take risks for fear of being disappointed. I ask You Father God to free me from this self imposed imprisonment. Empower me to live the life You would have me live.

King David told his son Solomon, “Every part of this blueprint was given to me in writing from the hand of the Lord. Be strong and courageous and get to work. Don't be frightened by the size of the task, for the Lord my God is with you; He will not forsake you. He will see to it that everything is finished correctly” (1Chronicles 28:19-20).

Reading over into the next chapter, I am reminded that “David's prayer of praise is filled with truths important for recovery.” It points to You as “the source of all true success.” Ascribing to You “all greatness, power, glory, victory, and majesty.”

Talk about being intact! 1Chronicles 29:11-12 describe wholeness. “Yours is the mighty power and glory and victory and majesty. Everything in the heavens and earth is Yours, O Lord, and this is Your kingdom. We adore You as being in control of everything. Riches and honor come from You alone, and You are the Ruler of all mankind; Your hand controls power and might, and it is at You discretion that men are made great and given strength.”

Believing this as Truth, having witnessed Your care in every detail of our journey yesterday, I am asking You Dearest Dad to 'keep right on helping me grow in Your grace until Your task within me is finally finished' (Philippians 1:6).

I love You God. I thank You. I praise You. And I ask You to do in, with, by and through me all that You desire. Thank You. Praise You. Love You. Amen.
(578 words ~ 9:40 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment