Thursday, March 13, 2014

Solid Rock

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 (6:45 a.m.)
Blessed Jesus,

You are here with me. I know it. You just changed my thinking. Negative thoughts plagued me throughout much of last evening, far into the early morning hours. Sleep was at a bare minimum. I tossed. Turned. Wrestled. And condemned myself. Unmercifully.

Waking feeling pretty refreshed, my thoughts went straight to mistakes. Poor planning. Chaos. The word drowning came to mind. And You stepped in to stop the negativity. Thank You.

Thank You, Jesus. I'm confessing a sadness to You right now. An overwhelming, powerful sadness that truly threatens to derail me. There are tears that just want to spew out. A far way from last night's thinking that I would never cry again.

And herein seems the problem. My thinking. How perfect that yesterday's brief stop here with You was titled exactly that, yet I went on to allow emotions to get in the way at almost every turn. That's what is so exciting for me right now.

I feel completely out of control. In over my head. “Drowning” if You will. But You wouldn't. You immediately reminded me that it's On Christ, the Solid Rock, I stand; All other ground is sinking sand With that Truth firmly in place, I came to You for more and was not at all disappointed.

With only bits and pieces of a tune, I knew there was more for me to find from You. Thank You that it didn't take long for me to recognize and remember that Your Love lifted me! And that's not even the best part!

Straight across the page of The Celebration Hymnal is a hymn I don't know. In loving kindness, Jesus came, My soul in mercy to reclaim; And from the depths of sin and shame, Through grace He lifted me. [Thank You for the tears that are now streaming] From sinking sand He lifted me, With tender hand He lifted me; From shades of night to planes of light, O praise His name, He lifted me!

Yes Jesus, YOU lifted me! The relating verse is Psalm 40:2. “He lifted me out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock.” A Solid Rock. THE Solid Rock. Jesus, thank You.

I can honestly tell You that I do NOT know what today holds, but I DO know Who holds it! YOU do and You will not let me drown in this mire of my own making. Order the chaos I have created. Bring glory and honor to Your most holy name. Forgive the carelessness with which I have been approaching each new day. I love You. I want that to be most evident in all I am, feel, think and do (Mark 12:30).

Thank You for lifting me. Thank You for loving me. Thank You for being my Solid Rock. Empower and enable me to glorify and enjoy You. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(490 words ~ 7:43 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment