Wednesday, January 15, 2014

shifting

Tuesday, January 14, 2014 (7:11 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy Father God,

Where do we start? How do I begin? I love You. I thank You. I praise You. I miss You. I miss wanting to jump up in the morning and come rushing out to You. Yes. I miss You. What do I do about that? It's not like You've gone anywhere. I keep shifting. Thoughts. Ambitions. Energy.

Shifting. Thank You Father. As I sit here considering things that shift, the wind continues blowing its red flag forces. Father, You keep us safe. Secure. In You we get to place our faith. Our hope. Our trust. Thank You Father. Thank You.

I turn to Your Word and I am blessed to read. Two verses especially. Both taken out of context I confess. Romans 3:31, “But by shifting our focus from what we do to what God does, don't we cancel out all our careful keeping of the rules and ways God commanded. Not at all. What happens, in fact, is that by putting that entire way of life in its proper place, we confirm it.”

There's hope here. The all important reminder to shift focus from self to You. Thank You Father.

Jesus' teaching on prayer speaks to shifting focus as well. Matthew 6:6, “Here's what I want you to do: Find a quiet, secluded place so you won't be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense His grace.”

Mm. Shift focus from me to You. Yes! Father. Do that in and with and through and for me this day. There is much to do today. People to see. Children to enjoy. Be the ever present focus in it all. We love You. We long to serve You. And I ask that the focus would all be directed toward You. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.

(329 words ~ 8:26 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment