Wednesday, January 22, 2014

lavish love

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 (6:30 a.m.)

Most Dear and Loving Father God,

Thank You!

You blessed me Father. You blessed me good! You blessed me with lavish gifts of time and love from family.

Our children worked together to surprise me big with a two night trip of celebration. A resort suite, early admission to the 'happiest place on earth' and time together. Time spent laughing and planning. As well as crying. SO many tears.

Father, I absolutely experienced what it feels like to be "so loved" (John 3:16).
(8:00 a.m.)
And known Father!

Because of a button announcing the occasion and my name, complete strangers greeted me as though they truly knew me. But bigger than the acknowledgements of those with whom I am unfamiliar, it was having our children know me so well that kept bringing tears to my being. They didn't miss a beat. They honestly thought of everything in helping me feel loved, special and known.

What is so immensely incredible for me through this experience Father is that this is just a taste of what it is to be known and loved by You. All their plotting and planning and wonderful execution of surprise doesn't hold a candle to Your perfect plan for each of us.

Reading in Hosea of Your unending love for Your sinful people, I also take note of Your desire to reconcile wayward relationships back to You. Father, I read Your Word and I am encouraged. And blessed. Once again, so very blessed.

Hosea 10:12 says, “Plant the good seeds of righteousness, and you will reap a crop of my love; plow the hard ground of your hearts, for now is the time to seek the Lord that He may come and shower salvation upon you.” I reaped a crop of Your love these past several days. A bumper crop I absolutely didn't see coming!

Thank You Father that Hosea's faithfulness to You serves as such a great lesson of our hope in You. Thank You that his urging to Israel to return to You (14:1) leads to Your promise in verse four. “I will heal their waywardness. I will love them lavishly. My anger is played out.”

You blessed me Father. You blessed me big. Empower and enable me to use those blessings well this day. To Your good and to Your glory. I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.
(397 words ~ 9:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment