Friday, January 24, 2014

"Just believe."

Friday, January 24, 2014 (6:13 a.m.)
Blessed Jesus,

The word 'believe' has become quite noticeable to me lately. And it touches my heart deeply. Thank You for that.

Thank You that in my readings yesterday (Mark 5:35-36) I again came across it. This time in Your response to a man who was being told not to bother You because his daughter had already died. Your reply gives me such hope. When You overheard what had been said, You told Jairus, “Don't be afraid! Just believe.”

So often fear is our go-to response. Dearest Jesus, how I want that to change! I want so very much to trust and believe. You! Your Word. Your promises.

The opportunity to 'trust', 'believe', 'have faith' is ours for the taking. You came to give us that option. Thank You. Thank You that You control the powers of nature, demons and death itself. With that being true, why would we fear?

This morning I ask You to help me with my unbelief (Mark 9:24). Too often I get stuck. When I focus on what isn't how I think I would have something, please redirect my attention. Remind me that You know the plans Our Father has for us. Plans for good and not for evil. Plans to give all of us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).

You helped me yesterday, Jesus. Much was accomplished around here. A tiny hiccup didn't take long to be resolved. I asked for Your help. Your power. And You provided. I'm asking again. Bless us. Keep us. Make Your face shine upon us. Be gracious to us. Turn Your face toward us and give us peace (Numbers 6:24-26).

Do in and with and through and for us all that we are absolutely incapable of doing without You. I love You Jesus. I love You Father. I love You Holy Spirit. Have Your way in me this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(317 words ~ 7:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment