Friday, January 17, 2014

control

Friday, January 17, 2014 (6:56 a.m.)
Blessed Awesome Father God,

I have been feeling out of control lately. Winds have been blowing. Fires burning. I look around at sad and angry people and wonder. Rain in our area is nonexistent. High temperatures are record breaking and I finally confess to You my genuine concern.

My thoughts, desires toss around like the wind. I fear. Fluctuate. Thank You that You are constant. You do not change. You remain firm. Faithful. Thank You Father.

Thank You that I get to come before You and say, “I fear.” I feel fear for my friends. My loved ones. I look at circumstances. People. Places. Things. Too often my focus is on the scary thoughts. Thank You for reminding me that You are in control.

I get to read Your Word. I am reminded again and again of Your kindness and peace. Your willingness to change our hearts. Our souls. Our minds. Our strength. Our circumstances. You are loving. Giving. Forgiving. Generous. And I am grateful.

We are called to know You. How I ask You to teach us not only to know You but to follow You as well. I want to trust You. Put all my faith, hope and love in You.

There's much going on in the world. Fear inducing things. Circumstances far beyond our control. Be the God You have always been. The God who loves the world so much that You sent Your One and Only Son to die on our behalf.

Truly I ask You Father to make that Truth enough for me. As I struggle not to allow my focus to shift to things I can't control, I ask You to give me the courage and strength to take the next step toward what You would have me do.

I love You Father. I want desperately for that to be evident in all I desire, think, say and do. Thank You for Your control on every single aspect of our existence. Thank You Father. Praise You. Empower and enable me to Trust You fully with every single breath I take. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(359 words ~ 8:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment