Wednesday, January 15, 2014

equilibrium

Thursday, January 9, 2014 (7:42 a.m.)
Most Holy and Awesome God,

It's been more than awhile. My brain doesn't seem to connect with the rest of me. There are so many things I think I want to do but sitting around seems to win out every single time.

I've really missed being here with You in the early mornings. Yet the comfort and warmth of the bed often wins out over my best intentions.

And with that very thought, Proverbs 24:30-34 comes immediately to mind. “One day I walked by the field of an old lazybones, and then passed the vineyard of a lout; They were overgrown with weeds, thick with thistles, all the fences broken down. I took a long look and pondered what I saw; the fields preached me a sermon and I listened: 'A nap here, a nap there, a day off here, a day off there, sit back, take it easy – do you know what comes next? Just this: You can look forward to a dirt-poor life, with poverty as your permanent houseguest!'”

Father, there is a balance I seek. A spiritual equilibrium if You will. I have a tendency toward either doing way too much or far too little. I can often be found doing nothing at all and feeling quite justified in my decision.

You know my heart. My mind. My soul. My strength.
(10:21 a.m.)
AND my susceptibility toward distraction!

An invitation to go have coffee with our neighbor. How could I not? Father, I ask You to guide me and lead me in decisions regarding how best to use time this day. It's already seemingly gotten away from me. How do I best spend what's left of the morning?

I love You. Let that show most as I take a proactive approach to getting something done in a decent and orderly fashion. I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(319 words ~ 10:27 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment