Saturday, January 18, 2014

'believe… and love'

Saturday, January 18, 2014 (6:57 a.m.)
Awesome God,

Thank You. I've been awake for over an hour and a half. Thinking of You. Praying to You. Considering You. Believing You. Believing in You.

(8:02 a.m.)

Father, I get to search Your Word. I get to trust. Have faith in. Believe. Thank You.

Thank You that I get to compare verses (Acts 16:31, John 13:19 and 1John 3:23) and translations and commentaries. Thank You that I find such hope in reminders of Your faithfulness.

It's John's first letter to believers that I am most wanting to take in. I don't want to just read and be done with it. No Father. I long to ingest it. Partake. Consume. Devour. I want it to be part of who and what I am.

The Amplified Bible translates verse 23 of chapter three thusly, “And this is His [Your] order (His command, His injunction): that we should believe in (put our faith and trust in and adhere to and rely on) the name of His Son Jesus Christ (the Messiah), and that we should love one another, just as He [Jesus] has commanded us.”

The Contemporary English Version says, “God wants us to have faith in His Son Jesus Christ and to love each other. This is also what Jesus taught us to do.”

The Living Bible, “And this is what God says we must do: Believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another.”

My own condensed version of The Voice says Your 'command is clear: believe... and love.'

Blessed Father God, You bless us. How I ask You to teach me to truly 'Believe on the name of Your Son' that I would wholeheartedly come to love others as He commands (1John 3:23).

I love You. I want to love others as freely and well as You would have me love. Make it so Dearest Father. Make it so. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(324 words ~ 8:44 a.m.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment