Tuesday, January 28, 2014

believe and live

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 (7:05 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,

Thank You! You have blessed me. Blessed me with friends. Family. Loved ones. Memories. Health. Wholeness. And love. So much love.

Father, thank You. Thank You for gifts. Kindnesses. Generosity. And Your presence. Thank You for the beautiful morning sky. Thank You for Your plan. Thank You for Your perfection.

Because You are perfect I get to rest. Relax. Trust. Believe. Mm, that word again.

“Believe (verb): accept as true; feel sure of the truth of; have faith”.

Father, thank You that I get to believe You. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. And in so doing, I get to live. Life. In You! John 20:31 tells me exactly that.

While two of the versions are the texts I'll quote below, I'm also taking some wonderful words from the Amplified Bible as well. John could not list all the miracles Jesus' disciples saw him do and he said so (v. 30).

“These accounts are recorded so that you, too, might believe that Jesus is the Anointed, the Liberating King, the Son of God, because believing grants you the life He came to share.” (The Voice)

But these things are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And when you believe in His name, that He will give you power to live.” (Worldwide English ~ New Testament)

The Amplified Bible follows the words “through believing” with “and cleaving to and trusting and relying upon”. This is a very active; non-passive word. There are great benefits to truly believing “(in) His name [through Who He is]”.

Thank You for this gift. This revelation. This opportunity. Continue growing me in trusting You. Truly I want to believe, that I would fully live! Thank You Father. Thank You Jesus. Thank You Holy Spirit. 

Be in and with me this day. Guide and direct my heart and soul. Mind and strength. I love You and I desire to use Your love well. Empower and embolden me to do exactly that. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(351 words ~ 8:21 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment