Sunday, January 26, 2014

peace which passes understanding

Sunday, January 26, 2014 (6:22 a.m.)
Mighty, Holy God,

Father, thank You. You are working in me. I can tell. There is a peace. A sense of calm that has not been my norm through the years. Thank You Father. Thank You.

Thank You that in the very midst of discord I have been able to take a deep breath, know which is the better approach and follow through in that direction. Blessed Father, that is You. Not me. You!

What a joy. What a peace. YOUR peace which passes understanding (Philippians 4:7). I recognized it for what it was yesterday. I felt irritated. Annoyed. Miffed. Concerned. And I took a walk! A fast paced, oxygen pumping walk.

That is not my usual. I normally want to talk things out. Smooth them over. There was a nudge inside me. And I knew exactly what to do. One of the very best aspects of the whole situation was that I not only knew what to do, I did it. I followed through! Thank You Father. Again, that was You!

Reading A Plea for Perspective; (Philippians) 4:2-9 in Illustrated Bible Handbook, under the title Chapter 4. Joy in the Lord, “Paul speaks of joys that are found through relationship with the Lord (4). In Christ we have release from anxiety, for we can express every need to God and experience peace (5-7). In Christ we can concentrate our attention on the true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, [excellent], and praiseworthy (8). In Christ we can put godly living into practice, and have the assurance that the God whose presence means inner peace will be with us (9). What a wonderful perspective to maintain on life, and what a source of constant joy!”

In Christ”. I read those two words three times just now. It IS “in Christ” that we are freed to experience Your peace which passes all understanding.

I read Philippians 4:7 in various translations and come away with phrases describing Your peace as: “that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace” (Amplified Bible), “a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life” (The Message), “a peace that is beyond any and all of our human understanding” (The Voice).

Blessed Father God, how I thank You that there truly are times that I absolutely experience such peace. I confess to You the too many other occasions when I fret. Stew. Allow myself to be shaken.

Keep up Your good and mighty work in me I pray. I am excited when I recognize it! It is thrilling to see Your Word, Your promises, Your Son, Your Holy Spirit bringing joy and peace to my heart, my soul, my mind and my strength. I consider myself blessed to be among those who truly trust and believe You at Your Word.

Do in and through, with and for me as You wish this day. Enable and embolden me to share Your goodness and Your grace with those around me. I love You Father. And I thank You so incredibly much. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(556 words ~ 10:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment