Monday, January 27, 2014

for me

Monday, January 27, 2014 (7:19 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

Speak to me please. Guide my thoughts. I've been thinking to You for hours now. And just this very moment I started singing. The very first praise song from church yesterday. Your grace is enough And I immediately asked myself, “Is it?”

Do I really believe that? I genuinely agree as I sing Great is Your faithfulness oh God You wrestle with the sinner's heart You lead us by still waters into mercy And nothing can keep us apart So remember Your people Remember Your children Remember Your promise Oh God That I can sing honestly. Truthfully. Wholeheartedly.

It's when I get to the next section that I ask myself if I actually believe those two little words at the end? Your grace is enough Your grace is enough Your grace is enough for me For me? Really? Do I believe that?

Let's take a look. All the way back to Adam and Eve in Your Garden of Eden. They had perfection. Intimate fellowship with You. Then temptation. Sin. Rebellion. Consequences.
(8:52 a.m.)

As I read more about Your 'Park of Delight' and the way You had created every minute detail, I'm willing to cut myself some slack. And just using that word cements my inclination to believe You at Your Word.

“Willing (adjective): READY, prepared, disposed, inclined of a mind, minded; happy, glad, pleased, agreeable, amenable; game. ANTONYMS reluctant, disinclined.”

I get to choose. I get to believe. I must want to. And I do! Your grace is enough Your grace is enough Your grace IS enough For me!

Thank You Father. You remember Your people. You remember Your children. You remember Your promise Oh God

How can I even begin to doubt Your grace being enough for me? You “taught Paul to reject conceit and to appreciate weakness” (2Corinthains 12:9 Illustrated Bible Handbook). “Whatever the [his] problem, it helped Paul realize that God's 'power is made perfect in weakness'.”

Oh how I thank You Father! I came here doubting and I am prepared to leave in hope. Quoting the Amplified Bible, I ask You to empower me to live Your grace this day.

“But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!”

Father God! I confess my weakness! The things I am currently unable to do for myself. Instead of cursing those weaknesses, I ask You to enable me to embrace them.

I believe Your grace is enough Heaven reaching down to us Your grace is enough for me God I see Your grace is enough I'm covered in Your love Your grace is enough for me For me

Thank You Father. Thank You for including me in Your grace. Thank You for loving me in spite of myself. Use me to freely share Your grace with others this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(550 words ~ 10:01 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment