Saturday, January 25, 2014

Resource

Saturday, January 25, 2014 (5:53 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,

Thank You! It's been such a long time since I awoke predawn with such desire to come out here to meet with You. Thank You Father. Thank You for a degree of clarity with which I began my thoughts.

Recently there have been discussions of concerns over the well-being of loved ones. Their health and decision makings are being looked at. With questions as to what, if anything should be done.

Father, forgive me that it took until just moments ago for me to remember the Resource we have in You. Mm, thank You. I look to Your Word and I find peace. Hope. Joy. Reminders.

Mighty God. Powerfully Perfect Resource, thank You for the reminders You give us to search Your Word. I turn the pages, reading verses and footnotes. I nod my head in agreement. My heart flutters. Sparks fly about. I ask You Father to fan into flames the strength and boldness You have placed in me (2Timothy 1:6). Guide me to that which You would most have me pay attention.

Philippians 4:6 reminds us to not worry about anything, but to pray and ask You for everything we need, always giving thanks for what we have. Blessed Father God, that is indeed how I want to live my life.

You provide us such peace. How I ask that I would freely share with others that peace which comes as a joyful byproduct of the fruit of Your Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23a).

An introduction to the book of Philippians in The Life Recovery Bible says, “Genuine joy, meaning, and satisfaction come as we follow Christ and help others grow spiritually.” Make it so in my life Dearest Father, that others would come to know, love and trust You as our most precious and treasured Resource.

The Apostle Paul closed his second letter to the people of Corinth asking that the blessing of “the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ” be with them all. He continued, “May God's love and the Holy Spirit's friendship be yours” (2Corinthians 13:14).

Talk about Resource! Christ's grace, Your love and the Holy Spirit's friendship. The most powerful Trifecta that ever was! Thank You Father. Empower and embolden me to use Your Resource well this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(389 words ~ 7:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment