Sunday, December 1, 2013

"vibrant with life"

Saturday, November 30, 2013 (6:37 a.m.)
Wow!

Just when I thought I'd seen everything... Nope! Wrong again.

Blessed Father,

Thank You for keeping me going back to the window. First there were lots of clouds and not much color. Then there was color and my exact words were, “Not as dazzling. Kind of subdued.” And then? “Glorious!” Brilliant. Vibrant.

Vibrant? Yes! Vibrant is something I long to be. “Full of energy and enthusiasm”. Yes Father. Please make me so.

The Message retells Peter's words to the persecution suffering Jewish Christians of his time 'to show us how to live well in a shattered and hopeless world' (The Life Recovery Bible introduction). “Welcome to the living Stone, the source of life. The workmen took one look and threw it out; God set it in the place of honor. Present yourselves as building stones for the construction of a sanctuary vibrant with life,” (1Peter 2:4-5a).

“Vibrant with life” is not how I see myself most days. There are glimpses. And hope. But mostly, I fizzle. “Not as dazzling. Kind of subdued.”

Father. You are good! I love the way You change my thought patterns. You allow me to stumble and struggle and moan and groan and every once in awhile I notice Your brilliance. Your glorious array of colors and intensity.

I noticed them throughout Thanksgiving Day. Through the sights and the sounds. The tastes and smells. Each new and delightful. Yet familiar at the same time.

Father God, I can never possibly thank You enough for the blessings, the surprises, the joys and delights You bring into our lives. What I can do is ask You to make me worthy, that I would truly present myself as a building stone “for the construction of a sanctuary vibrant with life, in which you'll serve as holy priests offering Christ-approved lives up to God” (1Peter 2:4-5).

Yes Father, use me this day as a building stone in building Your house. Make me vibrant with Your life! I love You Father. Thank You for loving me first. Use me as You wish. Thank You. I love You. Amen.


(354 words ~ 7:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment