Friday, December 6, 2013

pursuing holiness

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 (5:58 a.m.)
Holy Father God,

Holy. You alone art holy (1Samuel 2:2; Revelation 15:4b). We are made in Your image (Genesis 1:27). Set apart. Holy.

Well here's a direction I definitely didn't plan to take. Pursuing holiness. Father, Your Word is rife with life! That is what I long to be. Overflowing. Bursting. Abounding. With Your love. Your hope. Your promises.

Searching Your Scriptures I find myself wanting more of them. I turn the pages. I read. I hope. I get excited. I read more. Pray. Hope again. 1Peter 1:14-16 speaks loudly to me right now. “Obey God because you are His children; don't slip back into your old ways – doing evil because you knew no better. But be holy now in everything you do, just as the Lord is holy, who invited you to be His child. He Himself has said, 'You must be holy, for I am holy.'”

I confess Father it's gonna take some work. A LOT of work of You prompting and guiding, leading and grounding me into the the things that best represent You. This is nothing I can do on my own. When I am called to be set apart, it is not from You. But from everything else that takes away from You being glorified and enjoyed.

Yeah. As I pursue holiness let me be reminded that You will be glorified and enjoyed in the process. Sounds like the perfect way to become rife with life. Work in me I pray Blessed Father. Work in me as only You can. I love You so very much. Thank You. Amen.

(272 words ~ 6:50 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment