Tuesday, December 10, 2013

'tits on a boar'

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 (6:49 a.m.)
“Oh, Wow!”

Blessed Father God, I LOVE starting the day off with those words to You. I know I've been doing a LOT of mental complaining to You so far this morning, but the SKY Father! It just keeps getting better and better. Crisp. Clear. Glorious. Amazing. Beautiful. Intense...

Now, I don't have to remind You what time of year it is. I also don't even have to tell You what kind of a brat I'm being about it. What I do get to do is confess to You my attitude. My behavior. The sullenness with which I have been approaching the past few days.

Father, YOU can change me. Right where I am.

Looking up BALANCE ('cause I don't want to focus on all that I see as imbalanced) I read: see Wholeness. Mmm. Going there I'm told: see also Healing, Peace. I KNEW I came to the right place! Father, guide me in this process.

This household is in a state of change. There's as much to be done as ever, with the holidays placed on top. I am presently behaving anyway but graciously. Not only do I at times feel overworked and under-appreciated, there's a huge element of resentment brewing.

Something in our current communication attempts leaves me feeling misinterpreted, put down, even put upon. YOU know the root of all that is going on! You're the One who can commandeer our badly taken missteps and steer us to where You would have us go.

How perfect that You have me reading about a herd of hogs right now (Mark 5:1-13). Please forgive my Southern roots as I quote to you aloud [here in print] something my 'Arkie' grandpa used to say of anyone he deemed not pulling their own weight. “As useless as tits on a boar.”

(8:00 a.m.)
Oh, thank You Father!

Such perfect timing. A phrase I didn't want to utter aloud [in print] much less share with anyone was received with great aplomb.

Father, thank You. YOU are the divine Head of this household. Use us to Your good and to Your glory. Make this holiday season exactly what You would have it be. A perfect time to love.

We DO love You so very much Blessed Father. Be in and with each of us, working Your will by and through us as You wish. Bless us and keep us, making Your face shine upon us, being gracious to us. Turn Your face toward us and give us Your peace (Numbers 6:24-26). This we so humbly ask in Your precious Son, Jesus' name. Amen.

(439 words ~ 8:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment