Tuesday, December 17, 2013

unique and perfect gifts

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 (6:48 a.m.)
Glorious Generous God,

Thank You! What a sky! What an acute appreciation for the beauty I was able to witness. Beautiful. Glorious. And generous.

I sit here watching the colors change in hue and intensity. Attempting to find adjectives to describe them [magnificent just came to mind] I realize I can use those same words in depicting You. Thank You Father.

Thank You for Your many gifts to us. Gifts that are perfect. Abundant. 1Corinthians 12 teaches about Spiritual Gifts. The Life Recovery Bible even says, “Each of us is gifted in some way. No one is without talent and special abilities, and these talents and abilities are gifts from God.”

This is not at all the direction I was expecting to take here this morning Father. I thought we were going to touch lightly on this and then scoot on over to the love chapter (13) to speak of Your greatest gift of all.

But here we are and I'm reading more about accepting rather than rejecting our gifts from You. We are to delight in all You have provided in who and what You've created in each of us. Rather than put ourself down, or try to build up our self-esteem; “we just need a more accurate sense of who we are and how God has gifted us.”

This little paragraph at the bottom of the page (12:4-11) reminds me that “Whether we have recognized it or not, being in recovery is a unique gift in itself.” It goes on to share that because of our failures, as well as the successes, “we are uniquely gifted to help others struggling in similar ways. By sharing our story of deliverance with others, we may be giving the gift of life to a person in need.”

The next section (12:12-26) cautions against taking credit for the perfect gifts You have so generously bestowed upon each of us. It reminds that, “When we have an accurate view of ourself, we will give God the credit for the gifts He has given us and be thankful for the help He has given us in recovery.”

Blessed Father God, that is exactly where I am this morning. Absolutely thankful for the work You are doing in my life. Thank You Father. Thank You for Your love. Your glory. Your generosity. Enable and empower me to use them well this day. I love You Father. And I thank You. Amen.

(412 words ~ 7:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment