Thursday, December 12, 2013

wholeness

Thursday, December 12, 2013 (6:37 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,

You've given us so much. So many people, places and things for whom and for which to be thankful. And still I gripe and whine. Father, You know me. Yet You love me. Gloomy. Grumpy. Grumbly me. Thank You Father. Thank You.

I want to ignore how I'm feeling. Pretend it away. It's almost like there is a lid on my emotions. I start to care. Get excited. Become emotionally moved by circumstances. Only to rein myself back in. Won't care. Might get hurt.

So Dearest Daddy of All, what do we do now? Where do we go? What will I find in Your Word this morning?

Hope! Peace. Potential for joy. Yes! All right here.

Stubborn. Bullheaded. Obstinate. These words keep describing me this morning. See? I hope a little. And then the cycle starts again. I'm looking Lord. Looking to You. Your Word. To change me.

(8:10 a.m.)
Blessed Father God, here come the tears. Forming. Falling.

Thank You for this tour in which I am not done. Starting at one Biblical verse (Acts 16:31, from yesterday). Off to another (Psalm 81:11,12). Turn to Life Recovery TOPICAL INDEX. Looking up HARDHEARTEDNESS (see Denial). Followed immediately by HATRED (see also Anger, Bitterness, Revenge). And finally HEALING (see also Wholeness).

Mm, yes. Father. This morning I come to You seeking wholeness! Wholeness of heart, soul, mind and strength. Wholeness with which to love You as I ought (Mark 12:30).

TWELVE STEP DEVOTIONALS list: Step 2 - Healing Faith, Step 6 - Healing the Brokenness, Step 6 - Discovering Hope, Step 7 - Clearing the Mess.
(10:03 a.m.)
I need this Father. I need YOU!

Surprise, surprise. It's Clearing the Mess where I land. Isaiah 57:12, 14, 18-19. “And then there is your 'righteousness' and your 'good works' – none of which will save you... I will say, Rebuild the road! Clear away the rocks and stones. Prepare a glorious highway fro my people's return from captivity... I have seen what they do, but I will heal them anyway! I will lead them and comfort them, helping them to mourn and to confess their sins. Peace, peace to them, both near and far, for I will heal them all.”

Coming to You is the right place to come! Under the heading The Godly Will Rest in Peace. Which has me singing God rest ye merry gentlemen, Let nothing you dismay Remember, Christ, our Saviour Was born on Christmas day To save us all from satan's power When we were gone astray O tidings of comfort and joy, Comfort and joy O tidings of comfort and joy

So most Dear and Blessed Father, as I bring my dismay to You, asking You to guide and direct my thoughts and actions I also am thanking You for Your provision. I've seen it before. I will see it again. In the mean time I will trust that it's coming. Like the saving power of Your Son.

God is a great help when it comes to clearing the way to a better future. He looks forward to removing our shortcomings so we can better avoid being tripped up. When we come to Him with humility, admitting that we still struggle with many of our short-comings, He refreshes us and gives us the courage we need to go on. He isn't put off by the things we do. He sees what we do, but chooses to heal us anyway! He'll keep leading us toward recovery, one step at a time” (Clearing the Mess).

Yes Father. Clear my mess. Whether of my own making or that of others. Do in and through me that which I am truly unable to accomplish on my own.

I seem to be surrounded by negativity.

WOW! Would You just look at that? Take out the 'eg' and what do we have left. “Nativity”! Ah, Holy Father God ~ surround me with Your Nativity. My whole reason for being here in the first place.

Bless me. Keep me. Make You face shine upon me and be gracious to me. Turn Your face toward me and give me peace (Numbers 6:24-26) that I may in wholeness point others to Your Nativity. Clear whatever mess that gets in Your way. I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.

(722 words ~ 10:57 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment