Sunday, December 22, 2013

color

Sunday, December 22, 2013 (6:01 a.m.)
Beloved Father God,

Here I am. Excited! Eager. Honestly sitting on the very edge of my seat. Truly “agog”.

It's been a l-o-n-g morning. Awakening before three. Quoting “early to bed, early to rise... makes me TIRED!” Yet here I am full of wonder for You.

I wonder if You would talk with me this morning about color. It's everywhere I look. Maybe even to the point that I take it for granted. We talk most mornings about what all takes place outside our windows. And this morning, I am being colored by Your Word, in the book of Ecclesiastes.

Written “to show us that life is God's good gift to be responsibly enjoyed, not a puzzle that must be solved” (THE BOTTOM LINE The Life Recovery Bible). The introduction to this book continues in this vein stating, “There will be some things in life that, this side of eternity, we will never be able to understand. Rather than attempting to understand the inscrutable events that make up our life, the Preacher counsels us to enjoy the parts that do make sense and to entrust the rest to God's care.”

Thank You for this blessed reminder Dearest Father. Thank You for the peace and excitement that comes from truly trusting You with everything we have.

As I read further up in the preface to this writing I am again encouraged over the Preacher's concluding findings. We are to 'reverence You and obey Your commands, holding back from a life of selfish hedonism, while still enjoying the good things in life.'

The other night I watched a segment of a woman's (Robin Roberts) recovery to better health. She stated that when she found herself feeling depressed she realized she was looking at the past. When she felt anxious, she was looking to the future. It was when she stayed right where she was that she could enjoy that moment.

Father, I want to practice doing that. Ecclesiastes 9:7-10 (The Message) tells us to “Seize life!” and “Eat bread with gusto, Drink wine with a robust heart. Oh yes – God takes pleasure in your pleasure! Dress festively every morning. Don't skimp on colors and scarves. Relish life with the spouse you love Each and every day of your precarious life. Each day is God's gift. It's all you get in exchange For the hard work of staying alive. Make the most of each one! Whatever turns up, grab it and do it. And heartily!”

It reminds me of the funeral service I attended for a dear coworker. A lively, firecracker of a woman. The pastor presiding over the ceremony read these words as her claim to life, “Father, let me live as long as I'm alive and not die until I'm dead.”

Father, I long to do that for You! There are many things I don't understand. Too often I withdraw into myself for safe keeping. I would much rather have words like gusto, robust heart, festive, relish describe the life I live on Your behalf.

Color my attitude Blessed Father. Use me to make a difference and touch the lives of others. I love You Father. Thank You for waking me up to YOUR wide world of color! Thank You. I love You. Amen.


(550 words ~ 7:10 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment