Thursday, December 19, 2013

One Perfect Word

Thursday, December 19, 2013 (6:37 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

Words. They're so important. On the very first search of the day I found over 100 Bible verses that substantiate this truth.

Words can build up. Or tear down. I long to use mine to the first end. Prayerfully actions will follow suit and the ultimate [chief] end of glorifying and enjoying You forever will come into being.

See? Right there. I struggled between “come to pass” or “come into being”. The former seemed more likely to come and then go. The latter? Something that will stay. Endure. Survive. Continue.

Which brings me full circle back to the power of words. Searching the phrase “come into being” I came upon John 1:3-4 which perfectly follows verses one and two in The Prologue to John's Gospel.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. This One was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him not one thing came into being that has come into being. In Him was life, and the life was the light of humanity. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it” (John 1:1-5).

How ironic perfect that this section of Scripture repeats itself to me this week. Having been taught on it this past Sunday. And even here, I chose to replace “perfect” for “ironic'”. Your Word IS perfect! NOT ironic.

Father God, these are not the thoughts I had planned to bring to You this morning. Thank You for once again guiding and directing our time together. Your Word is Power. Your Word is Light. Your Word is Jesus. The one Word above all others. The Word who came to give us life and hope.

Blessed Father, at this time of year especially, how I thank You for the call to focus my words on Your One Perfect Word. Jesus. Empower and embolden me to use it well this day. I love You. I thank You. And I long to serve You with Your Power and Truth. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.


(362 words ~ 8:06 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment