Sunday, December 29, 2013

more sweets

Sunday, December 29, 2013 (4:04 a.m.)
Most Holy Father God,

I made a big mistake the other day. A big, HUGE mistake! I sacrificed time with You to jump up and make a brand new recipe. A brand new recipe of an old favorite. A taste comparison if You will, of even more sweets.

It didn't seem like such a mistake at the time. It appeared to be well thought out. It wasn't. It had disaster written all over it. Did I mention it ended up being more sweets? For a person who has issues with mindless, random and out of control eating, more sweets is exactly what we did NOT need around here!

Blessed Father, how I thank You for the patience of a genuinely forgiving husband. Not only did he tend to my needs, he also took care of household business during my time of recuperation.

None of us is discounting the fact that we were exposed to and very well may have brought home a Christmas virus of some sort. What I am confessing here is the fact that I did NOT use my time wisely the other day. I literally jumped up from here in mid-sentence and started baking. Baking what? More sweets!

Blessed Father, thank You for reminding me yet again of Your faithfulness. Picking up where I so abruptly left off the other day:

Psalm 92 “A song to sing on the Lord's Day.” It goes on to speak of thanking and praising You every morning for Your kindness and rejoicing every evening in all Your faithfulness. THAT would have been a wise thing to do that day!

Instead I became the perfect example for Proverbs 25:27a, shared here from The Message. “It's not smart to stuff yourself with sweets”. Ah, You DO know me well! Thank You Father. Thank You. Praise You!

There is MUCH to do around here today and the time is already getting shorter. How I ask that YOU would set our pace. Empower and enable us to do all that needs to be done in a timely, effective and efficient manner.

We love You Father. We love You and long to share You with others. Be with us in our endeavor. Thank You for blessing and keeping us. Continue Your work in each of us, making it so the sweetest thing for which we reach is You. Your Word. Your Son. Your Truth. Invaluably more sweets!

Work in and through me this day I pray. I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.

(421 words ~ 4:55 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment