Monday, December 9, 2013

manufactures

Monday, December 9, 2013 (7:13 a.m.)
Praise You Father!

I wasn't even here yet. I was only thinking about the word manufactured and what I saw yesterday. Finding no verses for the word, I took off the 'd' and “Jackpot!” Psalm 111:1-10 The Message.

Father, yesterday we experienced a LOT of manufactured awe and wonderment. People working hard to create beauty. Pageantry. And there was that word. Manufactured.

Snow can be simulated on a Main St. in Anaheim. And many (including myself) can become transfixed by the idea of a simpler place and time. But Your Word is Truth! It is real. Nothing artificial added.

Thank You Father. Thank You for reminding me of what is real. What is worthwhile. There is created 'magic', and much of it is truly jaw dropping. But in all its effort to “Wow!” and impress, nothing holds a candle to You!

“Hallelujah! I give thanks to God with everything I've got... God's works are so great, worth a lifetime of study – endless enjoyment! Splendor and beauty mark His craft; His generosity never gives out. His miracles are His memorial – This God of Grace, this God of Love... He manufactures truth and justice; All His products are guaranteed to last – Never out-of-date, never obsolete, rust-proof. All that He makes and does is honest and true; He paid the ransom for His people, He ordered His Covenant kept forever. He's so personal and holy, worthy of our respect. The good life begins in the fear of God – Do that and you'll know the blessing of God. His Hallelujah lasts forever!” (Psalm 111:1-3 MSG)

Father, thank You for the reminders of all You manufacture. Keep every part of my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30) seeking those things. Thank You for blessing us so richly. Empower me to use those blessings wisely and well. I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.

(319 words ~ 8:04 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment