Monday, December 23, 2013

THE greatest gift

Monday, December 23, 2013 (5:18 a.m.)
Holy Father God,

Thank You. Two words have been coming up a lot lately. Rejoice. As in, “This is the day the Lord has made; We will rejoice and be glad in it” (Psalm 118:24). And Emmanuel. “God with us” (Isaiah 7:14). Putting them together, I sing Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel shall come to thee, O Israel!

Father God, how I thank You that You sent Your Son to teach and to save. It's far too easy for us to get caught in the trappings of this world. Thank You for sending Him to do in and through, for and with each of us that which we are entirely incapable of doing and being on our own.

Rejoice? Sometimes. When things are as I think I want them. Rejoice in the Lord always? (Philippians 4:4) Not on my own. Only with Your help. Remembering every single day that THIS is the day You have made and I am to rejoice and be glad in it is too tall an order on my own.

But You knew that! You devised a way where there seemed to be no way. You sent Emmanuel. “God with us”. It's THE greatest gift I have yet to fully appreciate. The opportunity to “feel joy” (rejoice) because “God is with us” (Emmanuel).

Teach me Father. Teach me to truly rejoice this day. It IS the day You have made. I AM to feel joy and be glad in it. Thank You for Your time. Thank You for Your presence. Thank You for Your greatest Gift to this hurting world. I love You so very much. Enable and empower me to love and share You well. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.

(291 words ~ 6:37 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment