Tuesday, December 31, 2013

perfectly imperfect

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 (12:23 p.m.)
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Blessed Father God,

It's already WAY late in the day! WAY late in the year as a matter of fact. How grateful I am to You for making it the year it was. Exciting. Different. Perfect... in a wonderfully imperfect way!

Father. There has been a maturity in our household. A growing together as a team that we hadn't truly experienced before this year. By allowing situations to be and remain perfectly imperfect we have come to a better understanding of what is most important. You! Your Word! Your love. Sharing You with others. All else is not!

Turning in Your Word (Ezekiel 28:11-19) to read about the imperfection of the king of Tyre I got to read a comment for verses 2-10. The Life Recovery Bible mentions the first lie ever told as being that of satan promising Eve, “You will become like [God]” (Genesis 3:5).

It goes on to say, “If we choose to live according to our personal program for success and pleasure, we are doing the same thing. Doing things our way is evidence that we believe we are our own god. Those of us in recovery have discovered how destructive this way of life can be. God is the only One able to see things objectively, and His plan for us is ALWAYS [caps my own] the best one.”

As I think of the genuine mess our current living conditions are at home, I could not agree with this more than I already do. Here comes the hope of Your perfect message to us.

“We would be wise to abdicate the throne of our life to the only one who can give us a life filled with meaning and freedom – God Himself.” True. SO very true!

Father, thank You for being sheer perfection is this perfectly imperfect world. I absolutely do not know our next step. I DO know I can trust You with it. Thank You Father!

Thank You for this perfectly imperfect year. This year that has seen us grow more than any other I can remember. Do in and with and through and for us as You know best in 2014. Continue teaching us to trust YOU in all things. Thank You Father. I love You. Happy New Year! Amen.


(394 words ~ 1:08 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment