Friday, November 8, 2013

Your love


Friday, November 8, 2013 (7:03 a.m.)
Loving Father,

Thank You for Your love.
(8:14 a.m.)

Your love. I didn't expect to go in this direction. I get to keep turning pages and be reminded of our opportunity to fill up on Your love.

First it was a Life Recovery devotional for John 14:15-26, titled simply “Love”. 1John 4:9-10 is cited. As is Psalm 103:14-18. But it's turning to a hymn for Psalm 103:11 that has me hooked.

I don't know this hymn. But I hope to.

“Lavish Love, Abundant Beauty, Gracious gifts from heart and hand, Life that fills the soul and senses – All burst forth at Your command. Lord, our Lord, Eternal Father, Great Creator, God and Friend, Boundless pow'r gave full expression To Your love which knows no end.”

Father, I love when other people's words sum up what is going on inside me!

“Who am I that You should love me, Meet my ever'y need from birth? Why invest Yourself so fully In a creature made of earth? In Your loving heart You planned me, Fashioned me with greatest care; Through my soul You breathed Your Spirit, Planted Your own image there.”

Loving Father, it IS Your love I long to share this day!

“I am Yours, Eternal Father, All my body, mind and heart. Take and use me to Your glory, Form Yourself in ev'ry part. Lord, Your love brings joy and gladness Flowing forth within my soul. May my very breath and being Rise to You, their source and goal.”

Yes Father! Your love brings joy and gladness. Let me use and share it well this day. Enable and empower me to seek the things that bring You joy and gladness. I love You Father. Thank You for lavishing Your love upon us. Amen.
(305 words ~ 8:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment